Health and safety law states that organisations must: assess risks to employees, customers, partners and any other people who could be affected by their activities; arrange for the effective planning, organisation, control, monitoring and review of preventive and protective measures; have a written health and safety policy if they employ five or more people; ensure they have access to competent health and safety advice; consult employees about their risks at work and current preventive and protective measures.Health & Safety Executive
Do you have the right people in your business to manage Health and Safety?
Did you know?
If a health and safety offence is committed with the consent or connivance of, or is attributable to any neglect on the part of, any director, manager, secretary or other similar officer of the organisation, then that person (as well as the organisation) can be prosecuted under section 37 of the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974Health & Safety Executive
Let SoPro Safety action your Health and Safety
Our Health and Safety professionals work with your senior management to embed Health and Safety in your organisation in accordance with the HSE leadership guidelines. SoPro Safety professionals collaborate with your workforce to action your procedures and monitor compliance.
- Act as your Health and Safety resource either on or off-site, advising and reporting to your duty holder(s)
- Assess Health and Safety requirements for your specific business
- Initial audit of required Health and Safety documentation and procedures to ensure safe systems of work and compliance with legislation
- Where appropriate set up and attend your Health and Safety committee
- On-going review and update of documentation
- Write and review risk assessments
- Monitor compliance with safe systems of work and legislation – including agreed periodic site inspections
- Quarterly report and update of priority plan to duty holder and its representatives
- Investigate reportable accidents in conjunction with duty holder and its representative
- Assess training needs, arrange for training updates and maintain H&S Training records
- Project-based work including contractor approval, selection and surveillance
For Start-up and businesses with no existing documentation
In addition to the Outsource service we will liaise with your duty holders and/or senior management to:
- Carry out initial assessments of the risks of your business
- Plan a safe system of work
- Draft Health and Safety documentation
- Roll out the implementation of Health and Safety procedures