Key figures for Great Britain (2017/18)
- 1.4 million working people suffering from a work-related illness
- 2,595 mesothelioma deaths due to past asbestos exposures (2016)
- 144 workers killed at work
- 555,000 injuries occurred at work according to the Labour Force Survey
- 71,062 injuries to employees reported under RIDDOR
- 30.7 million working days lost due to work-related illness and workplace injury
- £15 billion estimated cost of injuries and ill health from current working conditions (2016/17)
The statistics for 2017-8 can be downloaded from the HSE website and make interesting reading.
Of course by taking reasonable steps to comply with legislation and your moral duties your business need not form part of these costly statistics and flourish as a safe effective and efficient business.
Contact us for advice and guidance to help you comply.